A step-by-step guide to create a painless prospecting system.
Many agencies have historically struggled with prospecting for clients. Their struggles have been intensified due to the rise of social media, content and inbound marketing. Today’s prospects are more in control of the agency selection process than ever before. Instead of chasing new business, it’s now more important to be found.
Tom Martin has written a helpful guide-book on social selling, it’s called The Invisible Sale: How to build a digitally powered marketing and sales system to better prospect, qualify and close leads. This is a great read for agency owners trying to replace their ineffective, interruptive tactics such as cold calling and email blasts with a more effective inbound marketing strategy.
To win invisible sales, you have to stop selling to prospects and start helping them.
Tom has spent over 20 years in the advertising business and over half that time in business development. As an agency owner, he was an early adopter of social media and practices what he preaches. During this dramatic paradigm shift for new business, Tom shares what he has learned that has produced a 25% year-over-year growth rate for his agency, without cold calls, pitching and self-promotional tactics.
The Invisible Sale is much more than teaching you how to use Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. This is an entirely different approach to new business.
You don’t have to go find the sales. If you do it right, they’ll find you.
Tom shows you how to create a high performance and efficient system that creates a positioning of expertise, attracts more qualified leads, shortens the sales process and boosts your agency’s growth.
The book is broken down into four sections that provide a simple, organized approach to prospecting for new clients. You will learn:
- The best strategy and tactics for reaching “self-educated buyers”
- How to leverage the power of “propinquity” – people want to work with other people that they know, trust and like
- How to quickly build an online platform, focused for new business
- The best practices for building a network of prospects through content and social media
- How others are having success using Tom’s approach
There is an over saturation of social media marketing books that have been published over the past four to five years. Tom’s book is an actionable, relationship based approach that builds top of mind awareness and preference for your agency’s best prospects. It removes the pain from prospecting. I highly recommend it.
Additional book reviews that might be of interest:
- The Best Pitching Guide Book for Agency New Business
- Ad Agency Owners Will Hate This Book But Prospective Clients Will Love It
- Blair Enns: 12 Revolutionary Proclamations for Ad Agency New Business
- The Marketing Agency Blueprint for New Business
- Steve Jobs: 10 Presentation Tactics for Ad Agency New Business
- Creating A Website That Works for Ad Agency New Business
- The Barkley Agency Finds A Niche in Marketing to Millennials