As an agency owner, it’s important for to be sure that you celebrate new business successes.
New business is tough. Especially in this economy. Life in the trenches for new business is nonstop hard work and often goes unnoticed. For the well-being of your new business team, it is important to stop, take the time to celebrate each new business victory.
Here are 5 reasons to celebrate your agency’s new business wins:
- It highlights the importance of new business keeps your agency focused on it for the future. Reminding the staff that it is the lifeblood for your agency is a good thing.
- It creates buy into your agency’s new business process. To be consistent the new business pipeline needs to be a well oiled machine. A process that creates a consistent flow of new business for your agency. One that be measured, tweaked and honed.
- It provides an opportunity to recognize everyone who contributed to the effort. A lot of times the staff doesn’t realize who was responsible for the initial lead, which could have come from your agency’s receptionist or an intern.
- It breeds a positive attitude among the staff and creates excitement about the agency.
- It builds a reputation that your agency is on a hot streak and draws the attention of other prospective clients. There a natural curiosity that comes to those who break out of the pack of from among their competitors.
As communication’s specialists we often are poor with our own internal communications. So, I thought I would pass on some ways communicate wins so that you staff isn’t hearing about new business just around the “water-cooler.”
- Have a celebration with the entire agency.
- Provide a monetary payment to the staff member who provided the initial referral.
- Build buzz with a press release. Include “appropriate” photos from the celebration.
- I shouldn’t have to say it but, don’t overlook communicating new business wins through your agency’s newsletter.
- Your website is the place where your agency’s credentials and capabilities should live. Be sure to include your new business wins here as well.
If you would like to share some of your agency’s new business wins, please feel free to do so in the comment section below.
Some additional articles that may be of interest:
- Small Ad Agency Generates National Attention Through Social Media
- Ad Agency’s Super Bowl Party Generates National Attention
- Ad agency having explosive new business growth by leading with social media
- Ad Agency Principals on Point for Agency New Business
- JetBlue tests the social media credibility of ad agencies vying for its account