Used in the right way, Twitter can be one of the best social media tools to be used to generate traffic and leads for your agency’s new business.
For the past 3 years Twitter has been the leading traffic generator to my Fuel Lines blog. It definitely needs to be part of your agency’s overall social media marketing strategy.
The following are seven of my personal tips to help make Twitter more effective for your agency’s new business:
- Don’t be afraid to use Twitter differently from the way it was originally intended to be used. Twitter is more of a broadcast tool that most would admit and current research validates. Treat it as a broadcast tool through reach and frequency of your content marketing efforts and generating the best return on your time investment by repurposing your content through tools such as Social Oomph.
- Build a targeted Twitter following. Research Twitter lists such as Mashable’s Twitter List Directory, third-party programs such as TweetAdder.
- In addition your own blog’s content, be sure to supplement your Twitter posts with resources from others that are of help to your target audience.
- Pay-it-forward. As others are so kind to publicize your content, also help to promote theirs.
- In addition to Twitter being a broadcasting tool, it must be utilized as a networking tool for you to have success. Content helps build awareness but it is up to you to turn awareness into relationships. The efficiency of these kinds of online networks should be all that is need to motivate you to participate. People want to work with other people that they know, like and trust.
- Use third-party Twitter tools like CoTweet and HootSuite to minimize your time and maximize the effectiveness of your Twittering.
- What you learn to do for your agency can be used for your clients. There are a multiplicity of benefits from your involvement.
To provide you with further help in using Twitter for new business here are 20 of the most popular post:
- 10 Twitter Networking Tips for Ad Agency New Business
- How to take advantage of Twitter’s growth for ad agency new business
- 10 Twitter Mistakes Made By Ad Agencies for New Business
- A Great Ad Agency New Business Tool to Optimize Twitter
- How to Generate Traffic to Your Ad Agency’s Blog with Repeat Tweets
- Twitter 101 for Ad Agency New Business
- Ad Agencies: Useful In-Depth Data on How Twitter is Being Used
- Study: Fortune 100 companies using Twitter more than any other social media platform
- A Simple Twitter Formula for Ad Agency New Business
- Ad Agencies: 5 Ways to Find Prospects on Twitter
- 5 Ways I Use Twitter to Help Ad Agency New Business
- Edward Boches, CCO for the Mullen Agency: What Twitter Can Do For You
- Ad Agency CEOs Should Use Twitter
- Twitter Traffic Explosion Being Led By 45-54 Year Olds
- 3 Ways Twitter Can Make You A Better Writer
- Socially Benefitting from My Twitter Habits
- Top 5 Twitter Tools for Ad Agency New Business
- Promoting Your Ad Agency Using Twitter?
- To Get the Most Out of Twitter Be a Maverick
- Twitter Usage In America: 2010 Study and Ad Agency New Business
Follow this list of agencies and see first hand how they are using Twitter: Twitter List: 500+ Advertising Agencies on Twitter