Relevant and valuable content will attract a clearly defined and understood target audience.
Content marketing is an overarching term that involves the creation and sharing of content for the purpose of engaging your prospective clients. Educating your potential clients results in building your agency’s brand awareness and recognition as a thought leader and industry expert. The primary objective is lead generation for new business opportunities.
Here are 6 steps for using content marketing to attract prospective clients:
- First, define your target audience
- Second, determine what are their marketing and advertising challenges, “what keeps them up at night”
- Third, create a blog as your central communication platform that becomes a repository of information, “a one stop shop” that provides consistent solutions, rich helpful content
- Fourth, continually measure how well you’re doing and adjust as you go
- Fifth, “Jump start” your blog’s traffic, accelerate its growth by repurposing content through other social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn using third party tools to that help to make the process easy to manage and time efficient.
- Sixth, now, what you’ve done for yourself, do for your clients
Additional articles that may be of interest:
- 50 Blog Post Ideas to Fuel Your Ad Agency’s Blog
- How to Write Your Ad Agency’s Blog
- 6 Writing Tips to Make Your Ad Agency’s Blog Effective for New Business
- How do users read on the web? They don’t … they scan
- Ad Agencies: 97 Articles on How To Write Effectively for the Social Web
- 40 Ways to Take Your Ad Agency’s Blog to the Next Level
- Let Hemingway improve your writing for ad agency new business