This past month marked a few milestones for me. First, November was my first year anniversary for Michael Gass Consulting. It has been a year beyond my wildest dreams. Secondly, I’ve written and published my 200th post for FUEL LINES.
I have to agree with business guru, Tom Peters, nothing in the last decade of my professional life has positively impacted me more than blogging. Reflecting upon this past year, here are a some of the things blogging has done for me:
- Better articulate my thoughts. You don’t know what you know till you write it down.
- Understand the most important new business challenges of my target audience which is small-to midsize ad agencies.
- Since being in business for myself not having to make a single cold call to try and sell my services. All of my clients initiated the contact.
- A rifled focus to finding solutions that help small-to midsize agencies develop an affordable, consistent and differentiated new business program that works.
- Be part of a network of agencies that provide friendship and support to me and to one another.
- To always keep in mind to always lead with benefits rather than my capabilities. It’s all about my audience, not about me.
- Have an opportunity to meet and become friends with interesting people from all over the country and even beyond.
- The opportunity to work with clients that are the best fit with my core strengths and who are enjoyable to work with. Everyone likes to work with people that they know and trust.
- The best practical education and understanding on evolving communications technologies that I can pass on. It allows me to provide leadership and expertise.
- To put into practice what I preach, use the tools that I recommend to my clients and be able to demonstrate how they have worked for me.
- To be able to generate in my first year of business income comparable to what I made working for someone else.
- A tool that has allowed me to promote my services for grand total cost of $904 over my first ten months of business.
I could go on and on but hopefully you get the gist that I’m a huge fan of blogging and social media. It causes us to do new business the way we should have been doing it all along. The best personal enrichment and marketing tool I have ever used.
Thanks to all of my readers. Hopefully I’ve been a help to you as much as you have been to me.
Additional articles of interest: FUEL LINES Top 10 Agency New Business Articles