Using Twitter is not a waste of time. It is a great tool to quickly build a community of targeted prospects for your ad agency.
PR and social media blogger, Sarah Evans provides a great post that includes these 10 tips on how to build a community with Twitter.
- Create a user-friendly Twitter ID (@yourname)
- Search for people to follow
- Learn the lingo
- Know who “@” replies to you
- Add your Twitter ID to all of your signatures
- Reach out and say something
- Read the bio of those who follow you
- Promote others and share your best information
- Learn the etiquette
- Find out who some of the big players are
Read Sarah’s complete article HOW TO: Build Community on Twitter