We are experiencing a paradigm shift in ad agency new business programs. The old way was the agency new business hunter seeking and intercepting prospective clients. Today, it is all about positioning your agency to be found by your prospective client community. When they are ready to engage, they will even initiate the contact.
With this new paradigm shift agencies must incorporate social media marketing into their new business program. The most important tool, at least for now, is the agency blog.
It wasn’t that long ago that it was said,
“Every business needs a Web site.” Today it’s, “every business needs a blog.”
Your prospects have come to expect a blog from your business. This is particularly true if you business happens to be an advertising agency.
There are a number of benefits to having an agency blog:
- A blog provides better search engine optimization.
- Helps agencies better articulate what they do, how they do it and why they are different than their competitors.
- Positions your agency as being experts at what you do.
- Allows agencies to narrow their target audience, test their messages and speak to a prospective clients benefits.
- Provides a personal enrichment tool to stay on top of the latest trends and technologies and pass that knowledge to your online community.
I’m a believer! An agency blog is a great new business tool to help your prospective clients find your agency. They’ll even call you.