The Art of Telling Your Agency Story for New Business
Don Beehler is a public relations/communications consultant to advertising agencies throughout the nation. His career includes agency, corporate communications and journalism experience, and he has worked with news media from local to international levels. Don has also co-authored or ghost written three books for clients.
The idea for this blog, The Art of Telling Your Story, primarily focuses on providing ad agencies with PR tips, tactics and tools — came from results of a survey he read several years ago about the tasks small- to medium-sized ad agencies would most like to outsource. PR came in at #2.
An effective agency PR plan compliments new business development initiatives with a clear focus, target and purpose.
This session will walk through the building blocks of creating a performance-based public relations plan for your agency. It also will explain how the strategic use of PR can enhance awareness and credibility; distinguish your agency from competitors; and make it easier for decision makers to find you.
- How PR helps prospects discover you
- What PR can do for your agency that no other marketing tool can replicate
- How a small or mid-sized agency’s strategic use of PR can level the playing field with larger competitors
- What your agency’s PR plan should include, and how to integrate PR into your new business development strategy
- Cost-effective resources that can help you generate publicity
- Why not having PR capabilities can cause your agency to miss out on new business opportunities
Audio of Don’s session:
Here’s a copy of Dons presentation deck that you can use to follow along with the audio presentation:
More about Don Beehler
Don grew up in the Midwest and graduated from Central Michigan University. He enjoyed warm weather and beaches much more than the cold and snow, so he jumped at the chance to relocate to Southern California and work in communications with an international nonprofit organization. Not only was it a good career move, but it turned out to be a good move for him personally because he met his wife in California and both their daughters were born there. During this period, he also earned his master’s degree in Communication and Management at California State University, San Bernardino.
After seven plus years on the West Coast, he started his agency career with a small firm in the Chicago area. That led to an opportunity in Nashville, Tennessee, with Dye, Van Mol & Lawrence, one of the leading full-service public relations and advertising agencies in the Southeast. He gained some great experience working on regional and national accounts, and also was part of the agency’s new business and media training teams.
Connect with Don via Twitter: @DonBeehler #FuelLines
Additional Fuel Lines New Business Conference Sessions:
- Peter Levitan – The Preeminent Thought Leader on How to Win Ad Agency Pitches
- Bob Hoffman – The Most Provocative Man in Advertising
- Paul Roetzer – The Indispensable Ad Agency
- Michael Gass – Inbound Marketing for Ad Agency New Business
- Jeff Fromm – How to Stop Chasing New Business
- Jami Oetting – How to Seduce Prospects Without Giving Your Work Away for Free
- Jody Sutter – Persuasive Writing for Ad Agency New Business
- Park Howell – How Storytelling Can Drive Your Agency New Business