The Primary Battle for New Business Has Moved Online.
This is a one-day regional workshop, co-sponsored by Fuel Lines Business Development and The List will be held on Friday, July 24, 2015, in Chicago, Illinois.
This workshop is designed to help agencies “jump-start” an inbound new business program within 30 days. A step-by-step process that’s been developed having worked with over 200+ advertising, digital, media and PR agencies.
New business has been a problem historically for agencies. It’s made worse with the paradigm shift in business development. The primary battle for new business has moved online.
Interruptive type tactics such as cold calling and email blasts are ineffective. It’s now more important to be FOUND than to CHASE new business.
- You will receive a step-by-step guide on how to establish a comprehensive social media based inbound marketing program within 30 days.
- Learn how to solve the problem of positioning and differentiating your agency without the pain or risk.
- Grasp the benefits of the strategies and tactics that will make new business much easier and more consistent.
- Understand how to create an integrated program that allows you to maintain awareness 24/7 without having to rely on interruptive type tactics such as cold calls and email blasts.
- Know how you can control the agency/client relationship and skip the dating process.
- Learn to create the kind of calls-to-action that will convert followers into clients.
- Have the ability to be more selective to work with the clients that are a better fit for your agency.
- Envision how your agency can stop being viewed as a vendor and attract prospects that are willing to pay a higher premium for your services.
- Know what are the best tools and practices to manage your program even when your agency is at its busiest.
- Learn how to develop a system of measures and reporting to continually improve your program.
- Who Should Attend
Who Should Attend?
There is a particular focus on agency principals and those charged with the agency’s new business. This workshop is designed for agency CEOs and their Management, New Business and senior Account Management teams.
The workshop is limited to 40 attendees for a more hands-on experience. When you leave you will have a plan and tools to address your new business challenges.
About Our Workshop Leader
Michael Gass is the founder of Fuel Lines Business Development, LLC, a firm which provides business development resources, training and consulting services to advertising, digital, media and PR agencies.
He is also the author of the Fuel Lines blog which has been rated among the top 100 marketing blogs in the world, according to Ad Age’s Power 150.
Since 2007, Michael has pioneered the use of social media, content and inbound marketing strategies specifically for agency new business.
Michael has conducted training for agency associations such as the 4A’s, Business Marketing Association (BMA), The Direct Marketing Association (DMA), American Advertising Federation (AAF), Agency Management Institute, (AMI), Association of Strategic Marketing (ASM), Mirren, TAAN, MCAN, the Magnet Global Network, PRSA and Worldwide Partners International (WPI).
“Michael Gass is one of the country’s foremost authorities on using social media. We’ve hired Michael to run his seminar in various cities and his evaluations from the seminar participants have been extremely high. I’ve had the pleasure of sitting in on one of his seminars and aside from being knowledgeable, he is a dynamic presenter. He comes highly recommended.” Bob Linden, 4A’s Vice President of Training, Education and Development
“I’ve known of Michael and his work in helping creative firms improve lead generation through social media for a few years now (I finally met him earlier this year) but recently I started to get reports from agency principals who had worked with him. I was surprised to learn that the impact Michael was having on their businesses was not in their use of Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn but in transforming the principals into writers who write meaningful content every day.” – Blair Enns, founder of Win Without Pitching, speaker and author of The Win Without Pitching Manifesto
“… of all the great stuff at Mirren, I got the MOST out of your session. Inspirational, frightening, reasoned, brilliant, simple. All in one hour. It’s an odd sensation to feel thoroughly energized yet want to beat yourself silly with a stick at the same time.” Tracy Wong, CEO/Executive Creative Director, WDCW
“Michael transformed how our agency viewed new business acquisition and lead generation through social media. His program and coaching skills are the most “straight-forward-get-it-done” system that I have ever experienced. No hype anywhere, just actionable results. If you are the least bit underwhelmed with your new business efforts, you owe it to yourself to give Michael a call and hear him out.” Glenn Taylor, SR Creative Director/Partner, MLT Creative, Clarkston, GA
“Michael is an expert at connecting your business strategy to your blogging and online engagement efforts. Michael knows how to listen and create actionable ideas to impact your lead generation efforts as well as position you as an expert.” Jeff Fromm, Ex VP, Barkley, Kansas City, MO