Timing is critical when it comes to engaging with your social media audience.
To increase the Click-Through-Rate of your article links and boot your website traffic, you need to be posting and tweeting at the best times.
Figuring out the best times to post, you’ll need to consider such as the time zones where your best prospects reside. For instance, I’ve developed an international following for my blog Fuel Lines. I was able to do it by researching the prime social media times within the key markets I was targeting here in the US and also overseas. I maintain an active social presence during the peak times within each of those target markets.
Timing your social media posts isn’t an exact science and you’ll need to do some experimentation.
A lot of the research available to us is conflicting. We really need more time and more studies to get definitive answers about what works best, and the fact that our audience members are constantly changing their own activity patterns making it even harder. – Belle Beth Cooper, Buffer
You’ll find that specific industries vary in which days/times are the best engagement. Just remember to conduct your own research to see what works best for your followers.
Here’s a list of tools that I’ve used that will help you schedule and post your content at the best time:
- SocialOomph – I use this tool to help repurpose my content. Scheduling to publish content is very easy across your social media accounts.
- HootSuitePro – allows you to manage up to 50 social media profiles, schedule your content and report your analytics.
- Buffer – helps you manage multiple social media accounts at once and easily schedule content.
- ManageFlitter – tools that will help to optimize your Twitter account and identify your Twitter accounts’ prime time.
- Tweriod – analyzes both your and your followers tweets to give you the best time to tweet.
- TweetWhen – a Hubspot tool that shows what days and times get the most retweets per tweet.
- Insights – provides information about your Facebook audience.
The following infographic by SurePayroll, will give you a ballpark of the best and worst times to post on social media platforms.
Additional articles of interest:
- A Scientific Guide to Posting Tweets, Facebook Posts, Emails, and Blog Posts at the Best Time
- How to Find Your Best Time to Tweet: The 4 Most Accurate Methods
- A Scientific Guide to Posting Tweets, Facebook Posts, Emails and Blog Posts At the Best Time
photo credit: BramstonePhotography via