Podcasting is an effective tool for business development, networking, and a positioning of expertise.
Trent Dyrsmid, is an online marketing expert, author, speaker, and the founder of BrightIdeas.co. His podcasting audience is made up entirely of ad agency professionals, small business owners, and independent marketing consultants. Trent has produced over 100 episodes. Trent writes,
“Podcasting, if done correctly, can be an incredibly powerful tool for business development, networking, and positioning yourself as a thought leader (which is what content marketing is all about). Consider this: in most any niche, you are competing with millions of other websites for attention. With a podcast, you are competing against only 200,000 podcasts in the entire iTunes store – most of which either suck, or aren’t updated regularly.”
Podcasting: A portable radio on demand, you can choose to listen to whatever, whenever and wherever you would like.
Unlike consuming content in front of a computer, prospective clients are turning to podcast in record numbers while they are traveling by train, plane or automobile. They consume them while walking and working out or when waiting in line.
Here’s a recent podcast interview that Trent did with me: Fueling Ad Agency New Business with Michael Gass
In this interview I talk about:
- The number one mistake that 99% of ad agencies make when it comes to new business
- Why agencies make this mistake and a risk free way to avoid it
- Examples of how clients used his advice to land new accounts they otherwise never would have
- How social media impacts your agency’s new business strategy
- 5 quick steps that you need to take to get started
If you enjoyed this episode and think that others would also benefit from hearing it, Trent would appreciate if you would go to iTunes, leave a rating and write a review. You can also subscribe to Trent’s Birght Ideas’ podcasts.
Additional podcasts interviews conducted by Trent you may find helpful:
- Cliff Ravenscraft on How to Use a Podcast to Attract New Clients
- How to Ignite Growth in Your Agency with David Baker
- How to Get More Retainer Clients with Mark Sneider
- The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations with Nancy Duarte
- PR Strategies That Actually Work with Nancy Marshall
- How to Build a Hybrid Agency of the Future with Paul Roetzer
- The Top 3 Proven Strategies for Growing an Agency with Tony Mikes