‘The body says what words cannot.’’ Martha Graham
In a study conducted by UCLA professor Albert Mehrabian, 55% of communication cues come from a speaker’s physical presence, 38% from tone, and only 7% from the spoken words.
When presenting for agency new business remember, YOU are the most important visual to your audience. This is why I’m such an advocate of presentation rehearsals. To build confidence and improve your body language you need to practice, practice, and practice some more.
Carmine Gallo, author of the book, The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs writes,“… for two full days before a presentation, Jobs will practice the entire presentation, asking for feedback from product managers in the room.”
Your body language, how you present yourself to your audience, holds as much importance as your words.
Check out speaking tips from the CEO of Ragan Communications, Mark Ragan, and presentation coach, Thaddaeus Smith, as they discuss, “How to use body language in a speech”.
Here are 10 presentation articles that I hope you will find helpful:
- Steve Jobs: 10 Presentation Tactics for Ad Agency New Business
- Pixar: 10 Tips for Creating Appealing Stories for Ad Agency New Business
- Agency Leadership: Can you be a great leader and not be a great presenter?
- The 10-20-30 Rule for Keynote Presentations for Ad Agency New Business
- 10 Tips to Get Speaking Opportunities for Ad Agency New Business
- 10 Ad Agency Pitch KILLERS
- 4 Presentation Tips from Lee Iacocca for Ad Agency New Business
- The Only Rule That Really Matters When Presenting for Ad Agency New Business
- Ad Agency New Business: 7 Traits Event Organizers Need From Speakers
- SlideShare: Presentation Trends For Ad Agency New Business