A collection of the most popular Fuel Lines’ articles using social media for agency new business.
I’ve been an early evangelist of social media for new business since launching my consultancy and utilizing this new communication channel back in 2007. Fuel Lines has been the centerpiece of my social media strategy from the beginning. It hit the 1 millionth page view mark back in January of 2012 and the site now averages about 47,000 page views per month.
It’s incredible to me that I’ve built an international business through content marketing. I’ve been around enough great copy writers throughout my advertising career to know that I’m not among them. I believe the popularity of Fuel Lines is due to the practical tutorial and tactical content which is helpful to people who are charged with new business.
My blog site’s traffic has provided me with a steady stream of new business opportunities.
This year I have worked with agencies from over 25 foreign countries and conducted workshops in London, Canada and in over 43 cities in the U.S. I’ve been able to to create this international network from my home base in Alabaster, Alabama, far removed from the advertising mecca of Madison Avenue. It demonstrates the power and potential of utilizing social media for your agency’s new business.
Here are some of the additional benefits of committing your time and resources to use this maturing communication channel:
- It provides a personal and focused continuing educational program
- It makes agency positioning easy
- It greatly expands your market for new business opportunities
- It allows your agency to be more narrowly niched and focused than you’ve ever dared to be
- It provides the ability to be considered a thought leader to a particular target audience
- It is easily measured and allows for constant improvement
- It strategically places you in front of the right prospects at the right time and allows you to maintain top-of-mind awareness 24/7
- It makes networking much more efficient and easier than ever
Below are the most helpful new business post articles of the year according to the readers of Fuel Lines. I hope they help to be an inspiration and guide for you so you can tap into the potential of using social media for your advertising, digital, media or PR agency:
- 28 Stimulating Digital and Social Media Marketing Quotes
- A boutique agency moves its website to Pinterest
- 10 Ways to Use Pinterest to Reach Prospects
- Nobody Reads Ad Agency Blogs
- Forbes: 20 Best-Ever Social Media Campaigns
- Video Editing is Becoming an Important Skill Set for Ad Agency New Business
- 6 Tips to Blog Successfully for Ad Agency New Business
- 10 Tips for Using Google Plus Hangouts for Agency New Business
- Content Marketing: Hire a Journalist for Ad Agency New Business
- Hubspot Inbound 2012: Gary Vaynerchuk’s 50 Top Inbound Marketing Insights