How new business is being acquired for agencies is undergoing a paradigm shift. Instead of chasing prospective clients, it’s now more important for them to find you.
I’m sure that you are well aware of the changing marketing landscape and the need to make fundamental changes to the traditional methods for business development.
- Paradigm Shift – 80 percent of decision makers said they FOUND their vendors (not the other way around).
- Data Explosion – 90% of the world’s data was created in just the past two years. Content marketing has become a key element in building awareness for agencies.
- Social Media Eruption – social media is now mainstream and is as a key engagement channel for prospects.
- Channel and Device Boom – The growing number of new marketing channels and devices, such as smart phones and tablets, are quickly becoming a priority for reaching prospective clients.
- Expanding Markets – Small to midsize agencies have a new window of opportunity to reach a larger market than ever before through new media. There are even international opportunities for agencies.
- New business Professionals Struggle – Those who were once good at acquiring new business are finding it to be more complex and changing rapidly. Many are struggling. The interruption type tactics, which were successful in the past, are becoming less and less effective.
Unconventional times call for unconventional methods for ad agency new business.
For those charged with developing a new business program for a small to midsize ad agency, PR firm or digital shop, the following resources are for you. I’ve pulled together a list of the “best of” FUEL LINES agency new business articles based upon analytics of site visitors and their comments. These articles include some of the latest trends, tactics and tips for business development as well as articles that hopefully will give you inspiration.
The Top 10 New Business Articles of 2011:
Here are some additional new business resources by category:
- Agency Blogs
- Agency Branding
- Agency Leadership
- Agency Networks
- Agency Search Consultants
- Best Practices
- Content Marketing
- New Business Tactics
- New Business Talents
- New Business Tips
- New Business Tools
- New Business Trends
- Public Relations
- Social Media
- Special Events
- Time Management