To create new business opportunities for your agency through social media, content is critical.
“… marketers will need to rethink their approach to advertising and marketing and intensify their focus on creating magnetic content that will naturally attract consumers, rather than relying solely on the interruption model of advertising, which consumers are responding to less and less. Think pull vs. push.” Geoff Ramsey, CEO, Co-Founder of eMarketer.
Research from Roper GFK and presented by the Custom Content Council highlights the point that content should be a significant part of a marketer’s mix.
In a survey of more than 100 CMOs, respondents were measurably more accepting of custom-content solutions. Among the survey highlights:
- More than 8 in 10 (83%) say they are receptive toward using custom content in their marketing plans, representing a 16 point increase since the last study.
- Almost 9 in 10 CMOs say they see value in the service provided by custom content, representing a 15 point increase from 2006.
- More than 9 in 10 CMOs believe that custom content has a positive effect on audience attitudes, strengthening the bond with consumers.
- 9 in 10 say that they believe a majority of consumers find useful information in custom media and 85% believe that consumers who receive custom content will be more likely to buy from the sponsoring company again.
- A majority of CMOs believe that custom media will capture a larger proportion of marketing budgets over the next couple of years. 59% percent report having shifted marketing funds away from traditional advertising in the last year toward custom content, representing an 18 point increase from 2006.
- Close to half (47%) strongly agree, and 91% strongly/somewhat agree that custom content should be an integral part of the marketing mix for any business. 84% strongly/somewhat agree that custom content represents the future of marketing.
“While print remains the choice du jour for most custom media programs, new media channels are providing more growth opportunities for the custom content industry,” said Lori Rosen, Executive Director, Custom Content Council, “Content has become the mantra for today’s savvy marketers”
Click on the following link for additional resources from the Custom Content Council and the article: What CMOS Think About When They Think About Custom Content
Additional articles that may be of interest:
- Content Marketing: The 40-25-35 Formula for Effective Writing
- 10 Idea Starters to Keep Fresh Content Churning
- 40 Ways to Take Your Ad Agency’s Blog to the Next Level
- How to Write Your Ad Agency’s Blog
- 50 Blog Post Ideas to Fuel Your Ad Agency’s Blog