To begin a successful agency new business program one of the first steps is to identify your best target audience and build a data base of company information that would include contacts.
The List is one of the better services that I’ve used when I was leading new business efforts for a number of agencies. They specialize in providing intelligence to advertising, marketing, and creative agencies.
Ad agency new business directors spend lots of time locating and pre-qualify prospective clients for their agency. The List simplifies this process and allows them to connect with prospective clients faster and easier. A very comprehensive new business prospecting tool. Here are some additional features:
- Email and mailing list are easily assembled through a quick search and can be downloaded as an Excel or .cvs file. I’m already spending more of my time executing tactics to win new business and far less time looking for the right contact information.
- An integrated LinkedIn connector allows you to see who and how your connected to your new business prospects and suggests people to also consider reaching out to.
- You can now manage your agency new business program with our full-function CRM – The List CRM
The best way to evaluate whether or not The List provides the new business intelligence for the type of prospects you agency is focused upon it is to take advantage of their free trial. If you are interested, access it by Clicking Here
Conduct some prospective client advanced searches by geography, industries, specialties and revenue/media spend/size.
To evaluate any data resources for prospective clients here are a few helpful tips:
- Out of 100 contacts, how many are incorrect information? More than 10 incorrect data points and you’re dealing with inaccurate information.
- How long does it take you to find the contact you’re looking for? How does this compare to your current data provider?
- Once you have your desired contact, do you have the (correct) email, direct dial, address? Does your current information provider have it? Is it accurate?
Trying to maintain your own database is not the best return on your time investment, that’s why services such as The List are valuable.
Todd Knutson, CEO of The List, has created a blog, New Business Intel: Driving Ad Agency New Business. Todd provides lots of resources, tips and tactics for new business that I’m sure you will find helpful. You can also follow and engage with Todd through Twitter: @Todd_Knutson