Use these social media campaigns to ignite your agency’s creativity.
Forbes asked three experts to rank the 20 best-ever social media campaigns based on the success, execution and creativity of the campaigns. The three panelist included: David Berkowitz of the New York City agency 360i; Brandon Evans of the social marketing agency Mr. Youth in New York City and Michael Lebowitz of Big Spaceship, a digital ad shop in Brooklyn.
In October of 1994 three student filmmakers disappeared in the woods near Burkittsville, Maryland, while shooting a documentary … A year later their footage was found …
The Blair Witch Project was considered to be the best-ever social media campaigns, cost $22,000 to make the film and generated $249 million worldwide. Not a bad ROI.
Forbes list of the 20 best-ever social media campaigns:
- “The Blair Witch Project”
- Blendtec: ill It Blend?
- Old Spice: “Smell Like a Man, Man.”
- Burger King: “Subservient Chicken”
- Pepsi Refresh
- VW: “Fun Theory”
- OfficeMax: “Elf Yourself”
- Evian: “Roller Babies
- Ikea: “Facebook Showroom”
- Whopper Sacrifice
- Target: “Bullseye Gives”
- Smirnoff: “Tea Par-tay”
- The Dark Knight: Why So Serious?
- Quicksilver: “Dynamic Surfing”
- Cadbury: Gorilla
- BMW: “1 Series Graffit Contest”
- CareerBuilder: Monk-e-Mail
Read Victoria Taylor’s Forbes article, “The Best-Ever Social Media Campaigns”.
Additional articles that may be of interest:
- 25 Ways to Be Found for Ad Agency New Business
- Mark Schaefer Addresses the Controversial Subject of Scoring Social Media Influence
- Infographic: Social Media Demographics for Ad Agency New Business
- Use Social Media to Build Relationships Before the Pitch for Ad Agency New Business