Your ad agency’s blog should be a central component to your social media strategy for new business.
It is the site that you want to bring your prospective client audience to, the gateway and face of your agency.
“Build it and they will come,” is not the answer to generate traffic to your agency’s blog. First you must create content that is of value to your prospective audience. But you also will need to employ proactive tactics to create awareness and peak the interest of your audience. The more targeted traffic that you can generate the more new business leads will follow.
Here are 25 tips to create a flow of traffic to your agency’s blog:
- Your target audience should be crystal clear. If you can’t clearly and narrowly define your audience you wont build significant traffic.
- Select a blog template that is Reader Centric, easy to read and navigate.
- Optimize your posts content for search. Identify and dominate a few key words that your target audience will most likely use to find you. Use these words consistently in your posts titles and copy.
- Knowledge is power. Get in the habit of checking your blogs analytics frequently. Keep it simple, but know at least daily the number of unique visitors, page views, top posts, how people got to your blog, search terms and incoming links.
- Don’t write promotional posts such as “How to choose an ad agency.” This is veiled self-promotion and a turn-off to readers.
- Don’t be afraid to repurpose older blog content through multiple social media channels. Posts that I’ve written years ago still generate significant traffic to my blog.
- Publish content frequently.
- Use key words in your post title that will connect your audience to your content.
- Use your new blog posts to fuel a newsletter.
- Add a link to your blog in your email signature.
- Be sure to include a subscription link for your newsletter opt-ins.
- Periodically conduct reader surveys.
- Comment on blogs that are relevant to your target audience, industry publications, associations and events.
- Provide solutions to the business challenges and obstacles of your audience.
- Use Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest to share your posts and expand your online footprint.
- Conduct surveys and polls and publish the results.
- Add photos, graphics and illustrations. Use the alt attribute (alt tag) to improve the SEO of your web pages/blog.
- Submit your blog to directories such as Technorati.
- Reference your own posts and those of others. Linking out is important to earning links.
- Raise a question at the end of a post to invite and increase your comments.
- Create an RSS feed using Feedburner and add the RSS icon to your blog’s sidebar.
- Promote, attend and host events.
- Your blog should be a repository of information that is relevant to your target audience. Add resource pages for industry associations and events.
- Participate in social sharing communities like StumbleUpon.
- Share personal social media links to make it easy for your audience to connect with you.
Here are some additional articles that may be of interest:
- 50 Blog Post Ideas to Fuel Your Ad Agency’s Blog
- Top 5 Benefits for Having an Agency Blog
- Top Ten Reasons Your Ad Agency Should Blog
- Content Marketing: Ad Agencies Should Resist the Urge to be self-promotional
- 40 Ways to Take Your Ad Agency’s Blog to the Next Level
- How to Write Your Ad Agency’s Blog
- Ad Agencies: An Inforgraphic On the History of Social Advertising
- The Role of Content for Ad Agency New Business