Grab your name and secure your brand before someone else does.
One of the first things I have an agency and/or agency principals to do, secure their brand name across a large number of social media networks. This can be a very time intensive effort but fortunately there are tools available that will save a lot of time.
To tool that has been the most helpful to me is, KnowEm. It allows you to check for the use of your brand, product, personal name or username instantly on over 350 popular and emerging social media websites across 15 categories. You can do this for free from the dashboard of their web site, which still saves a lot of time. If you want to conserve even more time, you can choose to have KnowEm register your username and/or company for you through their different priced packages.
CHECK IT to see where your username is still available.
I would recommend that you secure at least these sites:
It would be a good idea and “proactively” offer to do this as well for agency clients.
Additional articles that may be of interest:
- Is Social Media Marketing Stuck in Ad Agency Purgatory?
- Ad Agencies: 6 Quick Tips for Pricing and Servicing Social Media
- The Top 100 Social Brands of 2009
- Add A Fact Sheet for Ad Agency New Business
- Edward Boches: 5 questions every CMO should ask a prospective ad agency
- Survey: 2010 Digital Marketing Outlook
- Skin in the Game: Ad Agency Creates Mini-Mutual Fund of Clients’ Stocks
- The Top 10 Social Media Questions Ad Agency Clients are Asking
- 12 Blog Writing Tips to Generate Ad Agency New Business
- Creating an iPhone App for Your Ad Agency’s Blog
- Twitter List: 500+ Advertising Agencies on Twitter