The Big Question ad agencies want to know, are businesses actually using social media?
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth’s Center for Marketing Research conducted a nationwide telephone survey in 2009 of those companies named by Inc. Magazine to the Inc. 500 list. According to the study,
… social media has penetrated parts of the business world at a tremendous speed.
The report also shows that the fastest growing private companies are adopting social media 4 times faster than the largest public companies.
“This research proves conclusively that social media has penetrated parts of the business world at a tremendous speed. It also indicates that corporate familiarity with and usage of social media within the Inc. 500 has nearly doubled in the past 12 months,” researchers, Dr. Nora Barnes and Eric Mattson.
Social media has arrived in business. The hype is real:
- 56% of the Inc. 500 are using at least one form of social media
- 66% consider social media “very important” or “somewhat important” to their strategy
- 51% of companies are monitoring social media
They’re using it because they consider it important to their business and marketing strategy.
Click Here to download a copy of this study.
Additional articles that may be of interest:
- Ad Agencies: 6 Quick Tips for Pricing and Servicing Social Media
- A Guide for Ad Agencies: The Cost and Servicing of New Media
- It’s Time to Monetize Social Media for Ad Agency New Business
- Social Media Tips for CEOs: Develop An Ad Agency Blog for New Business
- Ad Agencies Should Take Note, Social Media Metrics Neglected by Most