Ad Agency New Business, there’s an App for that!
Having your own iPhone app for your website or blog will become a common way to promote and extend your agency’s brand. I found that actually creating that application and getting it into the App Store can be a lengthy and expensive process.
I’ve discovered a very inexpensive tool that will allow you to create an iPhone app for your agency’s blog easily.
I recently tried out a new product called AppMakr, which is designed to make creating your own iPhone app simple and inexpensive. In literally 20 minutes I was able to create an iPhone app for Fuel Lines from my existing RSS feeds and then submit it to the iTunes App Store for approval at a cost of $49.
Click here to get the FUEL LINES’ iPhone App
AppMakr has two pricing options:
- $199 for AppMakr to publish your app — which means you don’t have to have your own Apple Developer Account (AppMakr gets credit in the app’s opening splash screen)
- or $499 if you want to use your own Apple Developer Account, but still have AppMakr take care of the provisioning and management features.
I was so impressed that I sent a note to AppMakr and asked if I could extend their special introductory offer to readers of Fuel Lines ($49) and soon received this reply back from Scott Suhy,
“Michael, we talked about it and agreed to provide you with a $100 discount promo code for your readers. The coupon code is “MICHAELGASS” and it’s good through 1/31. We’d love to see the article when you write it!”
Please note that I do not receive any benefits from this offer whatsoever. Just glad the company was willing to provide an introductory for Fuel Lines’s readers. If you do create an agency iPhone app, please send the link to me and I’ll share it.
As Apps continue to rise in popularity having one for your agency is an important demonstration to prospective clients that you are walking the walk.
2010 will be the year that smartphones go mainstream and iPhone is leading the way.
While the economy is still in a state of recession, the smarthpone market continues to go up, with a total of 39.9 million smartphones shipped during the third calendar quarter of the year. A 28% increase over last year.
These are some iPhone App stats that will of interest:
- all the iPods and iPhones sold as of December you reach a total number of 214 million and change
- 1 Billion iPhone Apps downloaded
- 100 million apps are downloaded from the Apple app store each month
- the average apps downloaded per device is 50
- iPhone’s App Store hits 1.5 billion downloads in first year
- top apps can make $400 to $5,000 per day on ads
- average number of apps sold per device is nearly twice as high as songs at 53
- Domino’s claims to have sold over $1 million worth of pizza through their app
Agency iPhone Apps:
Ad Agency Resources iPhone Apps:
Agency Client iPhone Apps:
Social Media Resources iPhone Apps: