I’ve had opportunity to visit a lot of agency conference rooms over the past two years. I’ve seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I’m glad to pass on to you examples from some of the better ones.
cs2 Advertising, Memphis, TN, has a great set-up for online conference room presentations. Agency principal Brian Sullivan was gracious enough to provide me with the details that I used to set-up in my home office. It is an easy set-up and the components are not very expensive. You’ll probably have some of them already.
Here’s the components and pricing for my home office set-up. Most of these I found and purchased on Ebay:
- Macbook laptop ($1000)
- Wireless keyboard ($55)
- Mighty Mouse ($21)
- Insignia 42″ Flat Screen TV ($598)
- Poll<Audio Sound-Bar ($398)
- Apple IR Remote ($6)
- Apple Mini-VGA to TV Adapter ($9)
- 10 Ft HDMI Cable ($5)
- Linksys Wireless Router ($35)
Since I already had the TV, sound system, laptop, and router my cost totaled less than a $100 dollars for the rest of the equipment.
It’s important to make the best first impression, especially for ad agency new business presentations at your office. Here are a few suggestions:
- Make sure your conference room is clutter free, a nice clean look without equipment wires showing.
- Double check all of your audio/video equipment and complete a couple of run-throughs prior to the presentation time.
- Have a back-up plan in case of equipment failure.
- Make sure the room temperature is comfortable for your guests. If you constantly have heating/cooling problems in your conference room, fix it! This is The Most Important Room in your agency.
- Chairs that are also comfortable for your guests. Comfort trumps design … “the mind can only absorb as much as the seat can stand.”
Feel free to share other examples of set-ups for conference room set-ups and meeting tips: