My good friend, Clive Maclean, recently came across this hilarious video that spoofs the ad agency client relationship as a disrespected vendor.
“The Vendor Client Relationship” is a story that connected with more than half a million viewers in less than 14 days. When a story goes viral, it is finding a truth, touching a nerve or making people laugh.
Ad agencies, in the tradition of Rodney Dangerfield, get no respect in a variety of ways. One of the most insulting is the devaluation of an agency. I agree with Clive’s assessment, “No other business that I know of would accept this type of customer relationship, yet I believe that we only have ourselves to blame.”
Read the entire article, “Agency Compensation. Hagling over scope and cost!”
Additional articles that may be of interest:
- Should Ad Agency Pitches and RFPs Be a Thing of the Past?
- Ad Agencies, Select Your Audience, Find Your Niche, Promote Your Agency
- Top 25 Ad Agency New Business Through Social Media Articles
- The Top 10 Social Media Questions Ad Agency Clients are Asking
- Four Ways Social Media is Changing Advertising Agencies New Business
If you liked this … please pass it on