With all the excitement and popularity of Twitter, agencies need to remember Facebook as a tool for new business.
The number one reason to have a Facebook page. Facebook is the largest social network in the world with some 200 million subscribers. More people can find out about your agency because your Page gets indexed and is searchable inside and outside of Facebook.
Facebook Quick Facts:
- Over 200 million active members.
- Predicted to be at 500 million by 2011
- The 5th most trafficked website in the world.
- The largest photo-sharing platform with over 30 million photos are uploaded per day
It’s hard to believe that Facebook was just started in February of 2004. It will continue to have amazing growth and dominance for the foreseeable future and can be an important component to your agency’s new business.
Establish an interactive presence on Facebook.
Every Facebook Page is a unique experience where users can become more deeply connected with your business or brand. Users can express their support by adding themselves as a fan, writing on your Wall, uploading photos, and joining other fans in discussion groups. You can send updates to your fans regularly — or just with special news or offers. Add applications to your Page and engage your users with videos, reviews, flash content, and more. Creating a Facebook Page is easy, free, and great for all types of businesses.
Facebook guru, Mari Smith, author of “Why Facebook?” advises,
“The CORRECT way to register an account on Facebook is in your personal name.
On Facebook, Profiles Are Personal. Pages are for business.FACEBOOK PROFILES are for your own personal account in your first and last name. In order to represent your business (agency) on its own “profile” in Facebook, you must set up a FACEBOOK PAGE.”
Below are a seven select posts that will be of help in understanding Facebook, its marketing and new business potential:
- 30+ Apps for Doing Business on Facebook
- 5 Tips for Optimizing Your Brand’s Facebook Presence
- 5 Elements of a Successful Facebook Fan Page
- New Facebook Pages: A Guide for Social Media Marketers
- HOW TO: Survive the New, New Facebook
- Facebook to Blend User Profiles and Business Pages Into “Profiles for Everyone”
- How to Use Facebook to Promote Your Blog
New to Facebook? Download this helpful Facebook Setup Guide
Connect with me on Facebook: Michael’s Facebook