Viral marketing campaigns are a great way to generate awareness for your agency and provide opportunities for agency new business.
Instead of happenstance, viral marketing is becoming a science. An emerging industry dedicated to understanding what makes marketing viral. GoViral, is just one example of a company that specializes in launching viral campaigns by ”seeding” clips on the web in places where they will be picked up and spread online.
Patrick Aloft has assembled an excellent list of successful viral marketing campaigns. Patrick is Director of Search at Branded3, and author of BlogStorm, a blog discussing internet marketing and search engine optimization news and strategies.
Here’s Patrick’s list of “Top 10 Viral Campaigns of All Time:”
- Ronaldinho: Touch of Gold (Nike) 23.5 million people have watched this ad on YouTube.
- My Heart Will Go On (Free Macbook Air) 21.9 million users who viewed this clip
- Guitar (GuitarMasterPro.net) 45 million viewers
- Dynamite Surfing (Quicksilver) 10 million page views
- Do The Test (Transport for London) 3.7 million people have viewed the video in 3 months
- Stolen Nascar (TaxBrain.com) $1 million dollars worth of TV exposure within days
- Threshers 40% Off Voucher
- Subservient Chicken (Burger King) 46 million views in the first week
- Gorilla Advert (Cadbury’s) millions of views of a gorilla playing the drums
- Hotmail from 500,000 to 12 million users in less than a year
Review each campaign from Patrick’s List through this link: Top 10 Viral Campaigns of All Time:
If you know of a campaign that deserves to be on Patrick’s write about it in the comments.
For the latest agency new business updates subscribe to FUEL LINES by Email
Michael Gass, agency new business consultant, primarily to small and mid-size advertising agencies, utilizing both traditional and new media tools.