Blogworld Expo recently released some blogging statistics that is of importance to ad agencies. Especially with client interest in Web 2.0. and social marketing.
- More than 147 million Americans use the Internet.
- Over 57 million Americns read blogs..
- 89% of companies surveyed say they think blogs will be more important in the next five years.
- 9% of internet users say they have created blogs .
- 6% of the entire US adult population has created a blog .
- Technorati is currently tracking over 70 million blogs .
- over 120 thousand blogs are created every day .
- There are over 1.4 million new blog posts every day .
- 22 of the 100 most popular websites in the world are blogs .
- 120,000 new blogs are created every day .
- 37% of blog readers began reading blogs in 2005 or 2006 .
- 51% of blog readers shop online .
- Blog readers average 23 hours online each week .
Source: Blogworld Expo
For the latest agency new business updates subscribe to Fueling Ad Agency New Business by Email.
Michael Gass, agency new business consultant, primarily to small and mid-size advertising agencies, utilizing both traditional and new media tools.