An ad agency has dumped its website for a blog. But not just any ad agency, one of the best known agency’s in the country, Hill Holiday, has done it. They now have an “all-blog format.” Could this be a trend, perhaps the wave of the future. I predict that it is.
From a new business perspective, I’m convinced that this is what most agencies need to do. But if you don’t have the courage to go to an “all-blog format” at least start an agency blog. Let the blog become the gateway to your agency’s website. Your agency’s static website becomes your online brochure or portfolio piece.
Here are a few of the advantages of an agency blog:
- Greater search engine optimization
- Potential clients will better know you and how you think
- Easy updating
- Easy RSS integration
- The ability to add video and audio, quickly I might add
- Keep your agency relevant
- Strategic online partnerships
- Build a devoted online community of potential clients who will already have a sense of knowing your agency. People like to work with people they know
The noted corporate blog strategist, B.L. Ochman said,
“with e-mail, Instant Messages, Websites, newsletters, forums and all the traditional media we already need to read just to keep up, people ask: how can we possibly read blogs too? Well guess what folks, it’s either adapt or die.”